How ATC Exhibitors Can Save Money
- Create a time line.
- Note all services' deadlines including "early bird" rates.
- Explore the Official General Service Contractor (decorator) freight options, material handling and labor rules.
- Match actual weight and shipping guidelines with minimum weight charges to maximize your shipping expenses.
- Ship at least two weeks before closing deadlines. Obtain confirmation that your shipment was received without exterior damage.
- Create a full inventory of booth property and supplies including quantities, sources and contact information to obtain supplies.
- Establish staging areas carefully to avoid moving objects twice, and accessible storage areas to replenish booth stock levels efficiently.
- Plan for and conduct a pre-event meeting with set up and dismantle personnel, reviewing the schedule of events and steps of erecting and tearing down all booth property in preparation for shipping.
- Create a folder and bring the contents to the venue including booth property building material specifications, fire retardant certificates, bottled gas labels,
- Learn union rules as they differ from city to city.
- Choose representatives for your booth that are experienced with good communication and problem-solving technique.
- Plan pre-event and on-site booth personnel training.
- Know your complete event schedule, especially set up and tear down before exploring your travel and hotel accommodations.
Point your browser to this address to obtain the latest in all aspects of exhibiting at the Pennsylvania Convention Center.